Your Booking Engine has a number of different configuration options that allow you to customize the look, feel and options available for your guests when they are booking from your website.
To get started, click or tap on Booking Engine in the main navigation menu on the left-hand side.
Booking Engine Configuration
The configuration screen is split into a number of different sections that allow customization of different aspects of the Booking Engine.
- Booking Engine Settings
- Custom Url
- Theme Customizations
- Mobile Theme Customizations
- Units and Unit Types
- Booking Settings
- Payment Settings
- Step Customizations
- Unit Customizations
- Full Availability Calendar
- Stay Conditions and Policies
- Minimum Stay Policy
- Confirmation Letter
- Custom Fields
- Social Settings
- Bookable Guest Categories
- Website Calendar Script Generator
- Gift Certificate Settings
When you first visit the Booking Engine Configuration section, rezStream Cloud will automatically generate a website address for your Booking Engine that is based on your business name. The Custom URL section allows you to customize that name to fit your needs and make things comfortable for your more web-savvy visitors.
CAUTION! BEFORE MAKING CHANGES PLEASE BE AWARE!
- Changing your URL will change your Booking Engines address on the web. That means, any links or calendar widgets that you have already placed on your website will be broken and must be manually updated by your webmaster!
- The name you choose must be unique across all of rezStream's customers. In some cases, the name may already be in use in which case an error will occur on save. In that case, you'll have to choose another name that is unique. We recommend adding a state or city at the end to disambiguate your property from others with the same or similar names.
- The name should contain words, dashes and possibly numbers if need be. Spaces will be replace by dashes.
The preview links provided will open a new tab in your browser so you can see your Booking Engine live on the internet!
Disable Mobile Booking Engine Redirection
This is an experimental feature which you can opt in to when you are ready. By default, this feature is disabled and when a guest visits your booking engine on a mobile device, they will be redirected to the dedicated mobile booking engine. However, the dedicated mobile booking engine has a different theme, look, feel and functionality than your desktop booking engine as it was built for early model phones and devices. While that is still useful in some cases and typically very fast, it has some limitations and creates a very different booking experience for your guests.
With that in mind, we recommend you Disable Mobile Booking Engine Redirection if and when you know that your desktop Booking Engine theme is mobile ready with responsive styling. This provides your guest with a more unified direct booking experience no matter the device they are using.
Temporarily Disable all aspects of the Booking Engine
Finally, the Danger Zone has a single option to Temporarily Disable all aspects of the Booking Engine. If for some reason you need to stop taking bookings on your Booking Engine, you can simply toggle this option to disable online reservations until you re-enable it.
The rezStream Booking Engine is "themable," which allows you to make the Booking Engine look and feel like your own website.
From here you can:
- Upload your Booking Engine Skin (or website theme)
- Upload a jQuery UI theme
- Apply any CSS Style Overrides
- See Creating a Booking Engine Theme for instructions on creating a custom theme
Mobile Theme Customizations
- Please request a mobile theme from our support team
Units and Unit Types
The Units and Unit Types section allows you to toggle the Search and Book by option (also configurable on the Booking Settings page). From here you can also:
- Clearly see which units or unit types you have configured to be bookable online and how they will display within your Booking Engine.
- Quickly change which Units or Unit Types can be booked through your Booking Engine.
- Quickly edit Unit or Unit Type Names, Descriptions, Alternate Descriptions and Maximum Capacities.
- For Unit Types
- Control which units within each Unit Type can be booked online.
- Control the Units Remaining Threshold. When booking by type, a message can be shown when "Only [X] Units Remain" available for the dates the guest chose, encouraging them to book now before they are all gone. This threshold allows you to decide what [X] should be.
Upload and attach images/photos to all of the things you allow to be booked online (Units, Unit Types/Rate Plans, Packages and POS items).
Visit Adding Photos to RezStream Cloud for details on how to do that.
Payments Settings will only appear if you have Integrated Credit Card Processing enabled and only a single option is available: Enable Automated Payments from the Booking Engine.
- When enabled, the Booking Engine will automatically process the guest's credit card at the time of booking for any deposit that is required at the time of booking.
- When disabled, the credit card will still be required and collected during the booking process, but processing deposits will have to be done manually within rezStream Cloud.
View more details about how this works within the app on the Payment Settings screen.
- Booking Engine Mode
- Display Only - Displays rates and availability, but don't allow booking through the web and instead prompt the guest to call to make a booking
- Allow Reservations - Enable online reservations end to end.
- Search and Book by
- Unit - Display and allow guests to book your individual units.
- Unit Type (Rate Plan) - Display and allow guests to book types of units and allow the rezStream Booking Engine to assign the guest to an individual unit within that type. Rate Plans act as Unit Types within rezStream Cloud. So, any units assigned to a given Rate Plan are part of that Unit Type.
- Allow Bookings Between
- Control when you allow bookings based on the number of days from today.
- When a guest visits your Booking Engine, the Check-in date will be set automatically based upon this value. For example, if you allow bookings between 0 (today) and 180 days into the future, the Check-in date will automatically be set to Today.
- Accept Same Day Bookings Until
- If you accept same day bookings, you can optionally set a cut-off time so you don't receive last minute bookings to late in the day.
- Default # of Rooms
- The value that will be populated by default in the # of Units selection field.
- Max # of Rooms
- The maximum number of units that you will allow a guest to book when booking a reservation.
- Default Length of Stay
- When a guest visits your Booking Engine, the Check-out date will be set based on the default length of stay (number of nights).
- Max Length of Stay
- The maximum number of nights you will allow for online bookings.
- Currency Settings
- Currency values will be displayed as shown in this section. The Booking Engine currently only displays values in the currency that you accept which you have configured within rezStream Cloud under Business Details. If you need to change these settings, you can use the link provided here to get there quickly.
- Configure the names and titles that are displayed in the progress bar (at the top of the Booking Engine) and the title of each page.
- If you want to sell Packages or POS items during as enhancements or add-ons during the booking process, you can enable (or disable) those here.
- Unit Term
- The term you use to describe your units. For example: Room, Cabin, Rental, etc.
- Units Term
- The pluralized version of your Unit Term.
- Rate Display Method - when multiple rates are available
- Show Average - display the Average Daily Rate for the rate
- Show Total - display the Total Amount for the stay for that rate
- Default Sort Order
- The sort order can be changed by the user using the Sort/Filter options within the Booking Engine, but by default, the available units will be sorted based on the value specified here.
- By Unit Order - Display available units using the order specified when configuring units.
- Highest Rate to Lowest - Display the most expensive units (for the requested dates) first.
- Lowest Rate to Highest - Display the least expensive units (for the requested dates) first.
- By Capacity - Display the units with the most capacity first.
Full Availability Calendar
The full availability calendar displays each of your Units or Unit Types in a table format similar to the occupancy map within the rezStream Cloud. It does NOT display rates and simply shows when units/unit types do and do not have availability so guests with flexible dates can quickly see what might work for them.
NOTE: The full availability calendar is ALWAY shown on Step 2 (the available units step) at the very bottom of the page so that a guest that has scrolled past all of the available units can see what is available when and help guide their decision making process.
- Show Full Availability Calendar on Step 1
- Show - Display the full availability calendar on step 1 (the Search step).
- Hide - Do not display the full availability calendar on step 1 (the Search step).
- Change with Care
- CAUTION: The Change with Care section allows you to control various display settings of the full availability calendar. After making changes to these settings, you should review their impact within the Booking Engine to make sure your theme will properly support the changes you've made.
- Days to Display
- Configure the number of days to display on the full availability calendar. By default, this is 14 days, or 2 weeks, which is the recommended value.
- Unit Header Height
- The height (in pixels) of the the Unit Rows within the full availability calendar.
- Unit Header Width
- The width (in pixels) of the Unit Header column within the full availability calendar.
Stay Conditions and Policies
- Terms and Conditions
- Any language or contractual information your guests must read and agree to upon making a reservation.
- Terms and Conditions are REQUIRED in order to accept online reservations.
- Policies and Restrictions
- This may or may not be the same as your Terms and Conditions. If it is, feel free to copy the Terms and Conditions and paste the same content here.
- This content will be displayed in a pop-up dialog box within the Booking Engine when the guest clicks the "Policies & Restrictions" link at the bottom of any page within the Booking Engine.
- Policies and Restrictions are NOT required, but recommended.
Minimum Stay Policy
If you use Minimum Night Stay restrictions on your rates, you might run into a situation where you have units or unit types available for some nights, but not enough nights to meet your minimum stay requirements. The Minimum Stay Policy section allows to reduce or relax those minimum stay restrictions and fill those holes in your occupancy.
- Relax your minimum stay if it can't be met with current availability?
- Enable this toggle to allow the booking engine to relax minimum stay requirements for these situations.
- For reservations within # days
- The number of days out (from today) to relax the policy.
- Typically this will match your cancellation cut off (if you have one).
- How should we relax?
- Suppose you have a 4 night minimum stay for a unit but only three days are available. A guest would like to book for two nights.
- Waive Requirement Completely will allow the guest to book the unit.
- Reduce Window to Days Available will reduce the unit's minimum stay to 3 nights and an appropriate restriction message will be shown on the unit.
- Suppose you have a 4 night minimum stay for a unit but only three days are available. A guest would like to book for two nights.
Specify the confirmation letter/email that your guests will receive when they make a reservation.
The Custom Fields section allows you to configure additional fields and control the options the guest has when making a reservation.
NOTE: Each type of custom field can be configured in the following ways:
- Do Not Show - The default. Don't show the custom field on the booking engine at all.
- Show but allow guest to skip it - Display the field, but make it optional and allow the guest to enter it only if they want to.
- Show and require guest to choose/enter a value - Display the field and require the guest to either choose an option (from a pick list) or enter a value.
The custom fields you can configure include:
- Source of Contact - A pick list of your rezStream Cloud Sources of Contact. Only the Sources that are configured to be seen on the Booking Engine will appear in the list. When the guest chooses a value, the Source of Contact will be set on both the Person and the Reservation.
- Reason for Stay - A pick list of your rezStream Cloud Reasons for Stay. Only the Reasons that are configured to be seen on the Booking Engine will appear in the list.
- Custom Fields - Any of the Custom Fields you've setup within rezStream Cloud can be configured to be displayed on the Booking Engine.
The Social Settings section allows you to configure a social sharing widget that will appear on the Thank You page after a guest completes a reservation. If you toggle the Enable social media sharing, you can specify content and an image that will allow a guest to quickly share your property information on their Facebook and/or Twitter feeds.
Bookable Guest Categories
Enable or disable the various types of guests you want a guest to be able to choose when making an online reservation. By default, all your guest types will be enabled, but this will enable to you have fine control over that in the case that you have a guest type that you only use internally.
Website Calendar Script Generator
Use this Script Generator to generate a script that you can then copy/paste onto your own website as you see fit!
Gift Certificate Options
See Selling Gift Certificates Online for details of configuring gift certificate options.