Source of contact codes assist your property in tracking marketing dollars while reason for reservation codes assist in determining what types of guest are visiting your property. This section describes adding both source of contact and reason for reservation codes.
Source of Contact
Source of contact codes are assigned to guests during the reservation process:
Use the following steps to add a source of contact code.
1. Under the Customization link, click Source of Contact and Reason for Reservation.
2. With Sources highlighted, click the Add New Referral Source button.
3. Enter a label for the source and click the Save Custom Field button.
4. Note that the Cloud PMS comes pre-installed with a handful of source codes.
a. Pre-installed source codes can be edited by clicking a heading and then changing the label.
Reason for Reservation
Reason for reservation codes are assigned to guests from the reservation summary page.
Use the following steps to add and/or edit Reason for Reservation codes:
1. From the Configuration page, click the Source of Contact and Reason for Reservation codes link:
2. Click the Reasons button.
3. There are a handful of default Reason for Reservation codes that are pre-installed with the default Cloud PMS database.
a. Use the following steps to edit the pre-installed codes, if necessary.
i. Left-click on of the code descriptions, Business in the example below.
ii. Enter a new description for the Reason for Reservation code.
iii. Click the Save Reason button.
4. New Reason for Reservation codes are input from the Configuration page:
a. Click the of Contact and Reason for Reservation codes link:
b. Click the Reasons button.
c. Click the Add New Reason button.
d. Enter a label and click the Save Reason button.