The Tools > Unit and Rate Setup > Unit Rate Plans tab is used to define room only rates, a rate that only includes lodging. Rates that include point of sale items, for example, breakfast, are defined using the Packages tab. For additional information about configuring Packages, please see the section titled Completing Optional Configuration Steps.
Use the following steps for defining rates in RezStream Professional:
- Define rate plans (unit types).
- Define rate names.
- Define seasonal rates. The Copy Season Wizard can be used to help expedite the process of creating seasonal rates.
Per person, per stay rates can also be defined in RezStream Professional.
As an example of creating rates in RezStream Professional, assume a property has three types of rooms, Queen Queen, King, and Suite. This sample property has two rate names or classes; the first is called “Rack” and is offered as the walk-in rate. The property also offers an AAA discount of 10% off the Rack rate. In addition, the Rack and AAA rates fluctuate based on different seasons and whether the reservation falls on a weekday or weekend. The following table summarizes our sample property’s rate setup
Unit Types - Rate Plans
The first step in defining rates is to add your property’s unit types/rate plans under the Unit Rate Plans tab. Our sample property has three unit types, Queen Queen, King, and Suite. Use the following steps for adding a unit type.
In RezStream Professional, the terms unit type and rate plan are synonymous.
- Click Tools > Unit and Rate Setup and click the Unit Rate Plans tab.
- Delete any default RezStream Professional rate plans (Standard Room and Meeting Room) that will not be used. Highlight the rate plan (Standard Room) and press the <DELETE> key on the keyboard.
The following prompt is displayed. Click OK to continue.
- Highlight the remaining rate plan (Meeting Room) in the Unit Type/Rate Plan table and change the text to read, “Queen Queen.”
- Click on the “Rental by Day or Hour” field to activate the drop-down list and choose Daily.
- Click on the Tax Class field to activate the drop-down list and choose Full Tax. Tax classes (tax class groupings) were previously defined under Tools > Unit and Rate Setup > Taxes, Discounts > Tax Class Groupings.
- To add the other two rate plans (King and Suite), click the Add New Rate Plan button (A). Enter the name of the next unit type/rate plan, King (B).
- Set the “Rental by Day or Hour” field to Daily and the “Tax Class” to Full Tax.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 in order to add the Suite unit type/rate plan.
The second step in defining your property’s unit type/rate plan is to define rate names. In our sample property, there are two rate names, Rack and AAA, which will be associated with our three unit types. Use the following steps to define a rate name.
- From Tools > Unit and Rate Setup > Unit Rate Plans, highlight the Queen Queen unit type/rate plan (A) and the Hourly rate name (B). Remember that we renamed the default unit type listing from Meeting Room to Queen Queen in step #3 of the Unit Type section. The rate name listed with Queen Queen at this point is still Hourly, which was the rate name associated with the previously listed Meeting Room unit type.
In this step, we will rename the Hourly rate name to “Rack.” Highlight the text Hourly and replace by typing “Rack.”
Set the Rate Period field to Daily (A). In our example, there is not a Default Package for the Rack rate name (B). With the Sort field set to “1” (C), the Rack rate name will be displayed first in the “by the Day Reservation Dialog” screen. With a checkmark in the Bookable (D) field, the Rack rate name will be available for Internet guests making a reservation via the RezStream Booking Engine. For additional information about the RezStream Booking Engine, please contact RezStream sales at 866-360-8210.
A sample “by the Day Reservation Dialog” is displayed below. Notice the Rack rate name appears as the default unit rate.
- With the Queen Queen unit type still highlighted, click the Add New Rate Name button to add the AAA rate name to the Queen Queen unit type.
- Enter the second rate name, AAA.
- Set the Rate Period to Daily (A), the Default Package to None (B), the Sort field to 2 (C), and enter a checkmark in the Bookable field (D).
- At this point, the Rack and AAA rate names have been defined for the Queen Queen unit type/rate plan, but these two rate names also apply to the King and Suite unit types. Use the Copy Rate Names button to quickly copy these rate names to the King and Suite unit types.
- After clicking the Copy Rate Names button, a new button, Paste Rate Names, displays. Highlight the King unit type/rate plan (A) and click the Paste Rate Names button (B). The copied Rack and AAA rate names are added to the Rate Names table (C).
- Repeat step 6, this time pasting the copied rate names again to the Suite unit type.
The third and final step in defining rates is to add seasonal rates for each unit type/rate plan. Our sample property’s seasonal rates are based on the following table.
RezStream Professional allows for unlimited flexibility in defining seasonal rates.
Use the following steps for adding seasonal rates.
- Highlight the Queen Queen unit type/rate plan (A). An arrow displays to the left of the Rack rate
name (B). The seasonal rate for the original Meeting Room is displayed (C). In this step, the preset Meeting Room seasonal rates will be updated to reflect Rack rates for the Queen Queen unit type/rate plan. These Queen Queen rack rates are highlighted in yellow in the table above.
- Move the cursor to the Start Date field and enter the first seasonal start date (10/01/2006).
- Press the <TAB> key to proceed to the Rate field. Enter the dollar amount charged ($95.00) for the unit type (Queen Queen) and rate name (Rack) for the selected season.
- Continue to press the <TAB> key to complete the Base Room Capacity, Extra person charges (A), Minimum Length stay (weekdays), Weekend Settings (B), Weekend Rate (C), and Minimum Length stay (weekends) fields.
- Click the Add New Season button and enter the next start date (03/01/2007). Complete all remaining fields for the next season.
- Continue clicking the Add New Season button to enter all seasonal rate periods. After entering the Rack rates for the Queen Queen unit type, our sample property’s seasonal rates for this unit type and rate name appear similar to the following image.
To delete a season, rate name, or rate plan, click the left side of the row to highlight it. With the line selected, press the <Delete> key on the keyboard.
Copy Season Wizard
After defining seasonal rate periods for the Queen Queen unit type, the Copy Season Wizard can be used to copy these seasons to the remaining unit types (King and Suite) and rate names (Rack and AAA). Use the following steps to quickly copy seasonal rate periods.
- From Tools > Unit and Rate Setup > Unit Rate Plans, click the Copy Season Wizard button.
- The Seasonal Rate Copy Wizard window is displayed. Enter checkmarks next to each season (A),
select the Copy to All Rate Plans and Rate Names radio button (B), and then click the Copy Selected Seasons button(C).
- All seasonal rate settings and both rate names (Rack and AAA) created for the Queen Queen unit type are copied to the King and Suite unit types/rate plans.
- Once the seasons are copied, rates can be updated directly from the Seasonal Rate Copy Wizard window. To update a rate, click into the Rate field and enter the new seasonal rate.
- After updating the seasonal rates, click the Close button.
Per Person/Per Stay Rates
Per person/per stay rates can be configured in RezStream Professional. This configuration is helpful for businesses that charge one fee regardless of the length of a reservation. Use the following steps to create per person/per stay rates.
- From the top tool bar in RezStream Professional, click Tools > Unit and Rate Setup.
- Click the Unit Rate Plans tab.
- Highlight an existing and applicable unit type/rate plan (A) and click the Add New Rate Name button (B).
- Enter the new rate name (Per Person/Per Stay).
- Select One Time Per Stay from the Rate Period drop-down list.
- Click the Copy Seasons Wizard button.
- Select the Copy to Selected Rate Name Only radio button (A). This action will activate new drop-down lists to the right. With the Queen Queen unit type still selected, highlight the Per Person/Per Stay rate name (B), and enter checkmarks next to each season that will be copied (C).
- Click the Copy Selected Seasons button.
- Click the Close button to exit the Seasonal Rate Copy Wizard screen.
- Seasons are now associated with the new Per Person/Per Stay rate name. To activate per person/per stay rates, start by setting the Rate field to $0.00 and Base Cap field to 0.
- Next, enter per person/per stay rates for each rate person type (Adult, Child, Pets, Cars in our example).
- Test per person/per stay rates by making a new reservation in a Queen Queen room.
a. At the “by the Day Reservation Dialog”, test the new rate name by entering a number of adults, children, pets, and cars.
b. Set the unit rate to Per Person/Per Stay (A) and click the Recalculate button (B). The Daily Reservation Total field (C) now reflects the adjusted per person/per stay rates that were previously defined.
Per person/per day rates can also be defined in RezStream Professional. For additional information, please review the section titled Per Person Rate Packages.