rezStream Cloud provides a flexible invoice system that allows you to create invoices either inside or outside of a reservation. When invoices are created outside of reservations, we refer to them in rezStream Cloud as POS Invoices or Point of Sale Invoices.
POS Invoices for Retail Sales
POS Invoices for Retail Sales are simply stand-alone invoices. They are not connected to any person or any reservation within rezStream Cloud. This type of invoice is great for what is commonly referred to as "Cash Sales" but of course, your customer doesn't have to pay with cash - they could use any payment type that your business supports, including credit cards.
POS Invoices for Retail Sales can be created in 2 ways:
- Use the green New menu in the upper left corner of the app and choose the POS Invoice for Retail Sale menu option.
- From the Invoices section, click/tap the Add POS Invoice for Retail Sale button in the upper right corner.
NOTE: POS Invoices for Retail Sale will always have the name "Retail Sale" and an Invoice icon with a dollar bill sub-icon. Additionally, there is no person or reservation attached to the invoice (normally shown above the Notes section).
POS Invoices for Person
POS Invoices for People work exactly like Retail Sale invoices with one exception, they are connected to a person or guest within rezStream Cloud. If you know the person making the purchase, it's always best to associate that revenue with that person for historical tracking purposes. This can work great for a number of other scenarios as well, for example, a local visitor who regularly buys or rents things from you but is not a guest and maybe even keeps an open tab with you and pays it off periodically.
POS Invoices for People can be created in 3 different ways:
- Use the green New menu in the upper left corner of the app and choose the POS Invoice for Person menu option.
- From the Invoices section, click/tap the Add POS Invoice for Person button in the upper right corner.
- From the Person screen, click/tap the Add an Invoice button in the POS Invoices section:
NOTE: POS Invoices for People will always have the name of the guest and an Invoice icon with a person (guest) sub-icon. Additionally, the person associated with the Invoice will be shown between the Summary and Notes sections along with a drop-down toggle to quickly view the summary information about that person and a View button to view all the details for that person.
Invoices within reservations allow for different guests and group members to have separate invoices or bills for that specific stay. A reservation always has at least one invoice that is automatically connected to the primary guest and additional invoices can be created by:
- Assigning group members to units and transferring the charges to a new invoice for that guest.
- Manually create invoices for group members for things like incidental charges by using the Add an Invoice button within the reservation.
NOTE: Reservation Invoices will always have the name of the guest and an Invoice icon with a suitcase (reservation) sub-icon. Additionally, the person and the reservation associated with the Invoice will be shown between the Summary and Notes sections along with drop-down toggles to quickly view the summary information for each and a View button to view all the details for each.